Fermented Quick Pickled CarrotsCourse: Fermented VegetablesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Fermented Quick Pickled Carrots. Easy and delicious. Ready in just 48 hours!
300 grams carrots – peeled, chopped or shredded
175 grams Raw Sauerkraut Brine
75 grams Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
5 grams unrefined Sea Salt
2 cups boiling water
- Wash and sanitize fermentation equipment (a splash of cheap vodka will do the trick).
- Wash and cut carrots to desired thickness and shape.
- Set your scale on a flat surface and set it to weigh in grams.
- Place bowl on scale and tare/zero the scale. Measure 300 grams of carrots. Remove from scale.
- Add two cups of boiling water to the carrots and blanch for 3 minutes. Strain the carrots after three minutes, and set aside.
- Place an empty mason jar on the scale, and tare/zero the scale.
- Add 175 grams of Sauerkraut Brine to the mason jar.
- Add 75 grams of Apple Cider Vinegar to the mason jar.
- Add the 300 grams of blanched carrots to the mason jar.
- Add 5 grams of salt to the mason jar.
- Place your mason jar lid on the jar, and secure tightly. Shake the jar for 2 minutes to combine the ingredients.
- Remove your mason jar lid. Place a fermentation weight in the jar to submerge the carrot pieces and fermentation weight fully in the liquid. Secure your mason jar lid to the mason jar.
- Leave at room temperature for 48 hours. After 48 hours, remove the weight and secure your mason jar lid back on the mason jar. Move carrots to the refrigerator.
- When cold, you’re ready to enjoy!