Goat milk soap is a gentle cleanser rich in fatty acids that can help support a healthy skin barrier to keep skin nourished and moisturized. With a bit of imagination and creativity, you can make eye-catching and great smelling soaps at home.
How to Make Soap with Honey and Goat Milk at HomeCourse: Natural SoapsDifficulty: Easy
It doesn't get easier than this. Create your own own natural soap in less than 5 minutes. Add your favorite ingredients and make it the way you like it. Great gifts for the holidays!
1 pound goat milk soap base
1 Tablespoon raw honey
Dried herbs, dried flowers, lemon zest, spices and seasonings
Honeycomb silicone mold
Rubbing alcohol and spray bottle
- Prepare the honeycomb silicone mold by cleaning, drying, and spritzing with rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully slice 1 pound of goat milk soap base into cubes that are approximately 1” in size.
- Place sliced goat milk soap base chunks into a large glass measuring cup. Place it in the microwave and melt the soap chunks in 30 seconds intervals, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, remove from the microwave and add 1 Tablespoon raw honey. Add any dried herbs, flowers, lemon zest, spices or seasonings now.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared honeycomb silicone mold. Carefully distribute evenly and quickly between sections to avoid overflow or soap hardening.
- If you have bubbles on the surface, you can spritz surface with rubbing alcohol to remove bubbles.
- Allow soap to cool in the mold for one to two hours or until solid before removing.
- Don't forget to take pictures and please share your creations with us @beniciafermentory